Nutrition science is emerging discipline in Pakistan’s perspective that can achieve miracles if handled properly. In addition, the function of a nutritionist is to elicit, integrate, disseminate and apply scientific knowledge drawn from the relevant sciences, to promote an understanding of the effects of nutrition, and to enhance the impact of food on health and well-being of people.
- Counsel individuals and groups on nutritional practices designed to promote health and prevent disease.
- Teach nutrition to those training to be nutritionists or dietitians as well as other health professionals.
- Work with media to educate the public regarding the role of nutrition in health promotion and disease prevention.
- Conduct basic or applied nutrition research as the primary investigator or as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Work with the government in developing policies related to nutrition.
- Work with the food industry to develop nutritionally sound products and advertisements for their products.