|Monday – Saturday||8:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Friday||8:00AM t0 12:00PM|
|2:30PM to 8:00PM|
|The library is closed on Sundays and all public holidays|
- All users must observe total silence in the library and its environs at all times.
- All users are required to show their college IDs to the Library Staff upon entrance to the library.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library
- All bags, cases, folders etc. must be left in outside the library.
- Users are not allowed to leave their baggage overnight in the library. The library shall not take any responsibility for loss of personal property or books.
- All users are required to show all items to the Library Staff before leaving the library
- Good order must be observed in the library at all times for example placing of feet on the furniture, eating and drinking, smoking, sleeping etc. will not be allowed.
- No student is allowed to enter the circulation area without the consent of the library staff
- Anyone caught marking, defacing or mutilating books or any other library material will be expected to pay for the material with the most current edition of the same
- Use of sound equipments like radios, walkmans, cell phones etc. is strictly prohibited in the library and its environs
- Users are not allowed to reshelf books after removing them from the shelf. Leave the books on the circulation table
- No library equipment may be moved, modified or tampered with without permission from the librarian.
- Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
- Borrowing period is strictly between 8:00am and 8:00pm
- A user must be a registered student in the current term to be able to use the library services
- All students must present their college ID before borrowing any library materials
- Library materials may not be removed from the library unless the library staff has properly issued them out
- Students are allowed to borrow a maximum of six books for a period of two weeks
- All borrowed materials must be returned on or before the due date
- Students are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others or transfer borrowed materials to other students
- Students with overdue materials and overdue fines will not be allowed to use the library services
- All reserve materials must be returned at the specified time
The following materials can only be used within the library
- Reference books
- Journals and magazines
- All users will be held responsible for any damage or loss of library materials in their possession and will be required to meet the cost of replacement and processing
- Users must ensure that the books they borrow are in good condition to avoid being held responsible for any damages noted while returning the books
- Lost books must be reported to the librarian immediately and replaced or paid for within 30 days
- Lost library books that are recovered, must be handed to the librarian as they remain the property of the college library
|General collection books||Rs.10 per day|
|Books not returned at the end of the term||Rs.500 per book|
- The library committee shall have the power to suspend or exclude from use of the library any user who disregards the library rules and regulations
- The library staff have the right to ask students to leave the library if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other users
Admission: The following people are allowed to use the library:
- All registered students of the GDEC
- Faculty and other staff in the GDEC